Who You Are
As a Senior Product Manager, you’re analytically-minded and enjoy focusing on product initiatives that accelerate growth. You are results-driven and collaborate with marketing, design and engineering to identify and build new features. You have a deep understanding of the analytics, reporting and/or integration needs of customers in the healthcare, hospitality or retail industry. You enjoy leading large initiatives and improving process while providing mentoring to help shape the success of your team. Your curiosity inspires you to experiment, test, tweak and you won’t be afraid to try things that may fail quickly or unlock growth opportunities. You are data-driven and excited by the opportunity to navigate large volumes of data and analytics to gain insights and ideas.
Sitting at the intersection of user insight (both qualitative and quantitative), product roadmap execution and design, you will help lead When I Work's efforts to aggressively grow our user base, increase employee engagement and deliver an unprecedented customer experience in Android, iOS and Web environments.
Who We Are
When I Work is an employee scheduling app that nearly half a million people in over 50 countries rely on for employee scheduling, time clock and communication. When I Work uses an innovative blend of collaborative communication technologies, including the web, iOS and Android apps, text messaging, social media, and email, to make teams more efficient, more accountable, and better prepared. Most traditional workforce management software is clunky, cumbersome and difficult to install and maintain. When I Work is a simple, intuitive, mobile-first solution that owners and managers can implement and start using in five minutes, not five months—no IT required.
- A well-funded ($15M Series B in June ‘16) 100+ person company growing at a fast rate.
- A 2X Best Places to Work
- Led by a CEO named to the 2016 Business Journal 40 under 40 and Inc.com 2014 list of 35 Under 35 Coolest Entrepreneurs
- The 2013 Minnesota Cup High Tech Division Winner
What You’ll Be Doing
- Assist the product team in developing a compelling vision and strategic product roadmap.
- Communicate product vision and priorities internally and externally.
- Help coordinate the development in partnership with cross-functional team members including engineering, design, support and marketing.
- Help run experiments and make data-driven decisions about product direction and features to grow our user base.
- Communicate intimately with customers to get feedback on our products and how they’re using it. Use this information to anticipate what our customers will need.
- Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples.
- Be a point of contact for internal and external teams such as customer care, customer success, sales support and channel partners.
- Document, train and communicate new features to the Sales and Customer Care teams, our partners and our users.
- Coordinate with the Marketing team on PR strategies and competitor analyses.
Success in this role will be measured by the company's ability to achieve its strategic objectives, your ability to play a serious role in that success and your fit within our core values.
In this critical role, we are seeking what is known in baseball as the 5-tool player. You can think strategically and execute tactically. You are able to 1) conceptualize solutions to complicated challenges, while 2) executing with discipline and urgency. 3) You view the world both qualitatively and quantitatively with a trust-your-gut-but-verify-with-data approach. 4) You are both collaborative and opinionated. 5) You see the big picture… in graphic detail.
Other qualities that we feel are essential for success include:
- 4+ years of product management experience to include B2B and/or consumer mobile technology products
- Applied experience with the analytics, reporting and/or integration needs of customers in the healthcare, hospitality or retail industry
- Experience with data analytics platforms for both web and mobile
- Successful experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic (read: sometimes chaotic) startup environment. Previous experience growthing a product at a startup highly preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manipulate and draw insights from data
- Proclivity for design that respects design over function
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated desire to learn new technologies and skill sets
- Demonstrated track record of completing large amounts of important work (you get shift done)
- Consumer and/or B2B DNA where the user experience always come first
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Prior experience managing product at an internet SaaS company
- Superior writing skills with the ability to communicate complex concepts to various audiences
- Superior project management and time management skills
What’s In It For You
- Passionate coworkers -- you’ll work with open-minded, enthusiastic people who will constantly challenge and motivate you to go above and beyond to produce great work and grow in your career.
- Transparency -- you’ll experience an open door policy that gives you the unique opportunity of having direct and informal access to our entire team.
- Individual ownership -- you’ll be empowered to take personal ownership of projects that can directly impact the future direction and overall success of our products.
- Diversity of thought -- you’ll become part of a talented team with a wide range of skills, experience, and philosophy.
From Our Employees
- “I work here because the team is awesome. There's no politics, there's no middle management second guessing everything or micro-managing my time, and everyone treats each other with respect.”
- “There’s so much to do to make the app a world-class app, I’m anxious to get it there and I believe I know how to do it. I enjoy building things, so this is right up my alley!”
- “What's cool about the work - The fact that I'm legitimately given the latitude to directly contribute to new initiatives and major product changes. I'm not micromanaged. I am empowered to determine what to do to help grow the company and to go do it.”
- “The people who work here are a lot of fun! Even though we’ve grown to 100 employees it’s still easy to get to know people especially if you join in on the lunch room shenanigans ;) The company activities we do are always fun too.”
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Flexible work environment
- Data/Cell (internet) stipend
- Casual dress code
Sound Like a Good Fit?
We’d love to talk to you! Please submit the following to apply:
- Resume (including months/years of employment for each position)
- Cover letter explaining why you’d like to work at When I Work, and not somewhere else.
Not looking right now for a new job?
That’s OK… we are going to be hiring through 2016. Let’s talk about what you may be looking for down the road.
*Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.