Who We’re Looking For:
A seasoned, proactive, versatile, and results-oriented content developer with experience writing for the SMB market. He/she must thoroughly understand the business of content generation, writing content to all buyer consideration stages and personas, create strategic and targeted editorial calendars, craft messaging that begs to be consumed by the target audience, and voraciously tracks, measures and optimizes the effectiveness of each post/campaign.
Flexible, you must be comfortable writing to top of the funnel engagement approaches, blogs, informative gated content, value pop equations and comparisons, testimonials, case studies - all forms of content geared to SMB and mid-market buyers and influencers.
You will be joining a high performance team that hits its KPIs and where each member is accountable for his or her results. You will own your corner of lead, trial and the contract numbers they drive. Each team member needs to be a creative and proactive problem-solver, curious about and committed to delivering against company goals, all in a team setting. We thrive on big ideas, big results, and big rewards.
If you are all about just building awareness and reach, or just like to write, write, write, this is probably not the right fit for you. It’s a hybrid position -- someone who is a fast, flexible, and versatile content developer who will continuously tweak and measure topics, targets, and media to drive the prospect to BUY!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Working with the VP, Marketing and Content Strategy Consultant, creating a plan·for lead-generation, working closely with Marketing, Sales and Product teams.
- Create content strategies, plans and tactics for different industries and segments and personas and buyer consideration stages.
- Develop a deep understanding of the different markets you’re writing for and “speak their language,” generating content that solves their problems and piques their interest in engagement and trial.
- Review results on a daily basis and fine-tune strategies and approaches to optimize trial and sales volume.
- Looking out for best practices from other SaaS and leading-edge B-to-B marketers, to gather innovative ideas for content generation.
Experience and Skills Needed
- Minimum 5 years’ of hands-on and high-volume, high quality content generation (all forms) in a B-to-B environment, with a strong focus on SMBs.
- Exceptional writer. Thick skin. Open to editing and willingness/ability to change approach, based on data.
- In-depth understanding of the marketing and sales funnel, and the role of content in generating leads, trials, and sales.
- Previous experience in a high-volume, rapidly-changing environment, where pivoting to meet business priorities was a fact of life; calm and resourceful under pressure.
- Branding and graphic design coursework or experience a plus, but not required; eye for detail (visual and content) essential.
- Experience working cross-functionally within an organization.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelors degree required. Coursework/accreditation in Content Marketing a strong plus.
- Familiarity with MarTech systems (Marketo, Salesforce, WordPress, Uberflip, etc.) is important, although proficiency in all is not required. Quick study.
- At least eight years work experience.
What’s In It for You?
- Chance to contribute to a highly-successful and committed team that’s changing the workplace as we know it; collaborative and innovative environment, with a results-oriented, passion-driven creative group of professionals
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Flexible work environment; terrific office space
- Casual dress code
All applicants must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
Position in based in Minneapolis, Minnesota and candidate must be willing to relocate here if not currently in the Twin Cities.